Newton Falls Library Service Update
The Library has opened our doors back up for limited Grab & Go Services (computers, browsing the shelves, etc.)! We strongly encourage patrons to limit their in-person visits to one hour or less. The Library will also continue contact-free Curbside Delivery Services and Virtual Programs.
Please help us keep our doors open for Grab & Go Services by following all face covering and social distancing guidelines.
Grab & Go:
Monday – Thursday: 10:30 AM – 7:30 PM
Friday - Saturday: 10:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Please note that Grab & Go Service is reserved for vulnerable populations on Monday through Saturday from 9:30 AM – 10:30 AM.
Monday – Thursday: 9:30 AM – 7:30 PM
Friday - Saturday: 9:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Grab & Go FAQs
Do I have to wear a mask?
Yes, everyone age 10 and older needs to wear a mask at all times while in the library. Make sure your mask fits well and covers both your nose and mouth. Patrons who decide not to wear properly fitting masks will be asked to leave.
What if I can't wear a mask?
We would be happy to assist you curbside! Give us a call from the parking lot and we can bring your items out to your car. (Scroll down for more info on our curbside services.)
Do you have special hours for vulnerable populations?
Yes. The first hour we're open (9:30-10:30) is reserved for vulnerable populations.
How many people can come in?
To maintain the social distancing requirements, we can only have up to 30 people in the building at any given time. Children under 10 years must be accompanied by an adult.
What are the social distancing requirements?
Please maintain six feet of distance between yourself and others. (For comparison, that's about the size of a door, a refrigerator, or two big dogs standing nose to tail.)
Are the study rooms still open?
Yes! Rooms can't be used for meetings or tutoring appointments until social distancing restrictions are lifted. However, if you want a quiet area to work, you're welcome to use our downstairs study rooms for 1 hour per day. (Don't forget to wear your face mask, even in the independent study rooms!)
What about the conference rooms?
Meeting and conference rooms are unavailable until social distancing restrictions are lifted, unfortunately.
Can I use the computers?
Yes! You're welcome to use our computers for 1 hour per day.
Do you have magazines and newspapers?
Newspapers aren't available yet, but we've started putting magazines back on our shelves. Check them out, take them home, and drop them in the book return when you're finished so they can go into quarantine.
Can I bring my coffee?
We're sorry, no food or drinks are allowed in the library at this time.
Are there programs?
We aren't able to do any in-person programming right now, but keep an eye out for virtual programs and "take it, make it" craft packs.
Just like at the grocery store, we can bring books, movies, and copies/print-outs right to your car. Just call (330) 872-1282 and press extension 0.
We will provide online and telephone assistance during our curbside hours. Based on your specific request, library staff will direct your call to the Circulation, Reference, Youth Services or Technology Education Department.
You may begin placing item requests via telephone or online by calling the curbside phone line.
You may use curbside pick-up services to pick-up holds you've placed on the CLEVNET online catalog.
Please have your library card ready if you call in to make borrowing requests.
To utilize curbside delivery, you will need a mobile phone at the time of pick-up to call the curbside telephone line to notify staff you are here. If you don’t have a mobile phone you can make an appointment for pick-up and we will bring out your materials at that time.
Please schedule an appointment to borrow and return Mobile WiFi Hotspots. This process will take approximately ten to fifteen minutes once staff arrive at your vehicle.
How It Works:
1st: YOU CALL US
The first step is to select your library materials that you want to borrow. You can do this several ways:
- We Select:
- You can call and ask one of our librarians to select and pull specific books, movies, or other library materials from our collection for you OR you tell us your interests and we'll surprise you with a genre or theme pack based on age group and/or reading level.
- You Select:
- You can use our online catalog at www.newtonfalls.org before you call us and place holds on NFPL materials that we can then pull off the shelf for you. You will be notified when they are ready for pick-up.
- CLEVNET Holds:
- You can use our online catalog at www.newtonfalls.org and request items from the CLEVNET system to be delivered to the Newton Falls Public Library or you can call the reference department and request assistance with placing holds on CLEVNET materials.
2nd: WE'LL CALL YOU
The next step is to let you know that your items are ready for pick-up.
- If you called and requested an item that's here on our shelves, we'll call you to let you know when it's ready for pick-up.
- If you requested your materials using the online catalog or through another CLEVNET library, you will be notified by the automated system when your materials are ready to pick-up. Please note that some automated messages are delivered before all items have been checked in from our delivery process. You may want to wait a minimum of an hour before picking up material or call ahead to make sure we have all of your items processed and bundled together.
3rd: PULL INTO A PARKING SPOT AND WE DELIVER TO YOUR CAR
Please have your mobile phone and library card ready, then head to the library. If you don't have a mobile phone, contact us to arrange a specific pick-up time.
- Park directly in a parking spot in front of the building. We will not deliver to a vehicle parked in the fire lane!
- Have your library card handy and use your mobile phone to call (330) 872-1282, press extension 5 to tell us you're here. We will need vehicle color and license plate number. Please allow us ten to fifteen minutes to check out your items. Most transactions will take less time, but it will depend on how busy our services are when you arrive.
- We will come out to your car to deliver your materials. Deliveries will be contact-free, so please open your trunk to allow Library staff to put your items into your car without making contact. We recommend patrons return all materials to the appropriate return boxes. If you are unable to do so, we will ask that you place your materials in our cardboard boxes that we will bring upon request to your vehicle. Staff are not permitted to directly touch materials.