NEWTON FALLS PUBLIC LIBRARY CURBSIDE SERVICES
CURBSIDE SERVICES INSTRUCTIONS
1) Park your car in a parking spot. DO NOT PARK in the fire lane. We will not deliver to the fire lane!
2) Once parked in a spot, please call 330-872-1282 ext 5. to let us know you are here.
3) Do NOT come up to the entrance of the building to pick up your items. We will bring them to your parked car. This allows a contact free service for both staff and patron.
4) If you plan on walking to the Library, please call in advance to discuss options.
5) If you have questions, please call 330-872-1282 Ext. 0 for assistance.
HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW IN ADVANCE!
- The curbside delivery phone line is (330) 872-1282, press extension 0.
- We will provide online and telephone assistance during our curbside hours. Based on your specific request, library staff will direct your call to the Circulation, Reference, Youth Services or Technology Education Department.
- You may begin placing item requests via telephone or online on August 31 by calling the curbside phone line.
- You may use curbside pick-up services to pick-up holds you've placed on the CLEVNET online catalog. You can begin placing holds via the catalog on or after August 31st.
- Please have your library card ready if you call in to make borrowing requests and your photo ID at the time of pick-up.
- To utilize curbside delivery, you will need a mobile phone at the time of pick-up to call the curbside telephone line to notify staff you are here. If you don’t have a mobile phone you can make an appointment for pick-up and we will bring out your materials at that time.
- Please schedule an appointment to borrow and return Mobile WiFi Hotspots. This process will take approximately ten to fifteen minutes once staff arrive at your vehicle.
- Weather permitting, the outdoor patio will be open from 10:30 AM – 6:30 PM during our curbside hours. Patrons will not be admitted entry to building for any reason. Masks are required on the patio unless you meet the State of Ohio mask requirement exceptions. Food and beverages are prohibited on the patio. Maximum capacity on the patio is 18 people at any one time. We ask that no more than 1 person (or 2 people who live in same household) sit at a table, bench or picnic bench in order to main adequate social distancing guidelines. WiFi is usually accessible from the patio. We will not be providing any in-person appointments or services on the patio.
HERE'S HOW IT WORKS!
1st: YOU CALL US!
The first step is to select your library materials that you want to borrow. You can do this several ways:
- We Select:
- You can call and ask one of our librarians to select and pull specific books, movies, or other library materials from our collection for you OR you tell us your interests and we'll surprise you with a genre or theme pack based on age group and/or reading level. Magazines, newspapers and board books are unavailable for request.
- You Select:
- You can use our online catalog at www.newtonfalls.org before you call us and place holds on NFPL materials that we can then pull off the shelf for you. You will be notified when they are ready for pick-up.
- CLEVNET Holds:
- You can use our online catalog at www.newtonfalls.org and request items from the CLEVNET system to be delivered to the Newton Falls Public Library or you can call the reference department and request assistance with placing holds on CLEVNET materials.
2nd: WE'LL CALL YOU!
The next step is to let you know that your items are ready for pick-up!
- If you requested your materials over the phone, we will call you to let you know when your materials are ready for pick-up.
- If you requested your materials using the online catalog or through another CLEVNET library, you will be notified by the automated system when your materials are ready to pick-up. Please note that some automated messages are delivered before all items have been checked in from our delivery process. You may want to wait a minimum of an hour before picking up material or call ahead to make sure we have all of your items processed and bundled together.
3rd: YOU DRIVE UP AND WE DELIVER TO PARKING LOT!
Please have your mobile phone and photo ID ready, then head to the library or arrange a specific pick-up time if you do not have access to a mobile phone.
- Park directly in the parking lot in front of the building. If all spots are occupied upon your arrival, please use the overflow lot.
- Have your library card handy and use your mobile phone to call (330) 872-1282, press extension 0 to tell us you're here. We will need vehicle color and license plate number. Please allow ten to fifteen minutes as we will check your materials out prior to bringing them out for delivery. Most transactions will take less time, but it will depend on how busy our services are when you arrive.
- We will come out to your car to deliver your materials. Deliveries will be contact-free, so please open your trunk to allow Library staff to put your items into your car without making contact. We recommend patrons return all materials to the appropriate return boxes. If you are unable to do so, we will ask that you place your materials in our cardboard boxes that we will bring upon request to your vehicle. Staff are not permitted to directly touch materials.
- In order to pick up materials for another patron, they must have your full name listed on their profile and this information must be provided when you check-in. When picking up materials for your children, please provide all names when checking in for delivery.
- All materials will be placed in brown paper bags and stapled shut for your safety. Staff will deliver items to your vehicle wearing the proper PPE.
- Curbside pick-up service is a FREE service and staff members are not permitted to accept monetary or tangible tips for delivering your items to your car.
- Printing services will be unavailable until we are open for Grab & Go Services in mid-September.
- Absolutely NO money will be transacted through the curbside delivery service. You may NOT pay fees or fines using this service. Please speak library staff if you have any concerns about fees or fines on your library card.
- If you need more information or have questions about curbside services, please call the Library at (330)872-1282 extension 0 beginning August 31, 2020. We anticipate that our telephone lines will be busier than normal on Monday, August 31, 2020 and ask for your patience if there are long wait times.