Mini Hat Yarn Ornaments
Kits with all the supplies are available through curbside pick-up. Call the library at 330-872-1282 to request yours!
- Cardboard tube (toilet paper roll, paper towel roll, etc.)
- Yarn in any color (about 12 yards)
- Fiberfill or tissue paper for stuffing
- Cut a ¾” ring from a cardboard tube.
- Cut approximately 35 pieces of yarn that are 12 inches each.
- Fold one strand of yarn in half. Pass the folded end through the center of the cardboard ring then pass the loose ends through the fold. Pull taut. Refer to the diagram below.
- Continue adding strands of yarn until the cardboard ring is completely covered. As you add more yarn, push the strands close together but don't overlap them.
- Take all of the loose ends of yarn and pass them through the center of the cardboard ring and out the other side. Stuff with small amount of fiberfill or tissue.
- Gather all the strands together and tie them with a 10" piece of yarn approximately 1 1/2" above the cardboard ring.
- Neatly trim the long pieces of yarn above where you tied them, so they resemble a pompom.
You can also watch a video tutorial on YouTube by clicking here.